Sunday, January 9, 2011

Covered in Ice? Win a copy of Hotter Than Hell Anthology

There's a reason I live in the Southern U.S. Well, several. I was born here, for one thing. Then I left and moved to the Chicago area for a few years. I swear to you this is true: I moved on January 1 and did not see the ground till after Easter. For all I knew, there was no dirt under all that ice and snow. Then I moved to Houston, San Diego and New Orleans...all places that don't do snow.

So here I am, a couple years back in Alabama and I'm freakin' freezing to death. I swear. We're expecting a half-inch of ice to coat everything here in the next 24 hours and warning of the icepocalypse tell us trees will snap and if we keep electricity it will be nothing short of a miracle. Great.

So in honor of Icepocalypse 2011, I'm giving away one of my favorite anthologies today. Hotter Than Hell contains thirteen steamy urban fantasy stories from Kim Harrison, Tanya Huff, Marjorie Liu, Cheyenne McCray, L.A. Banks, Susan Krinard, Keri Arthur, Heidi Betts, Lilith Saintcrow, Susan Sizemore, and Denise Little, Carrie Vaughn, and Linda Winstead Jones. And I'm tellin' ya, these stories are HOT.

Tell me what your weather's like today. Here in Auburn (home of the Auburn Tigers who'll be in Phoenix playing for the national championship tomorrow night while we're huddled under blankets--War Eagle), it's 28 degrees F and about to rain down snow and ice any minute. Dazzle me with your weather forecast for the day. As usual, +1 entry for comment, +1 for blog follow, +1 for Twitter follow @Suzanne_Johnson, +1 for Tweet or Retweet. Include your email on your comment, please.

19 comments:

  1. Teri Anne; My comments were messed up and I have repaired them, but I have noted that you made a comment here. Sorry your brilliance was deleted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sunny and cold here in SoCal. Nice day to be outside, but I am cleaning.

    I have wanted this anthology for a while. Most of my favorite authors are in there. Kim Harrison is im my top 5 favorite authors of all time.

    +1 for comment
    +1 for blog follow
    +1 for twitter follow
    +1 for tweet
    (http://twitter.com/#!/BrandiAnnRust)

    Brandi
    smocksnstuff@yahoo.om

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in the mid 20's here in Ohio! tWarner419@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Partly cloudy, I'd say, and about 25 degrees in central Illinois. Brrr.... Supposed to maybe get some snow tomorrow night and Tuesday morning, who knows for sure though.

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follower
    +1 twitter follower (@lyssad87)
    +1 Retweet

    =4

    Hopefully if I win, this book will warm me up for the rest of winter.

    E-mail: lyssad87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same weather for me here! Awaiting the ice storm. I already went to the store for bread and milk like all scared Southerners do. I do so hope we keep the power though. Roll tide though, lol.

    +1-Blog follower-ferretvamp14
    +1-Twitter follower-ferretvamp14

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    ferretvamp14[at]live[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is cloudy with a chance of snow and rain showers this evening. Currently it is 39 degrees, but with a projected low of 29, there could be icy streets late tonight and early tomorrow. I am not looking forward to that.

    +1 for blog follower

    quantumtinkerer at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I vote that we all go to visit Larry in Florida or Brandi in SoCal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting for the snow to begin. Got a stack of books and wood for the stove so set to weather(lol) the storm in comfort.
    My kids went skiing last week while at home on college break and all I could say is "Are you crazy? You paid money to fall down a mountain, be wet and miserable for hours?" Like I said crazy!


    http://twitter.com/#!/alterlisa/status/24339024952950785

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follower
    +1 twitter follower (@alterlisa)
    +1 tweet

    =4

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been in teh low 30s in NJ.

    +1 GFC follower

    sgiden at verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come on out here then! Its another chilly, but sunny day. After all the christmas stuff gets put away Im gonna try to get outside and enjoy it some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's an overcast 41 degrees in New Orleans. I definitely need some steamy urban fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well right now it is most likely below zero with a killer wind chill and snow coming I think. Im not fond of it.

    Twitter follower +1
    I tweeted +1
    Blog follower +1
    Comment +1

    =4

    Autum Frailey
    My Home Away From Home (facebook)
    afrailey at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow the book sounds hot. It's hot in here too, sunny and totally like the weather.

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follower
    +1 twitter follower (@darlyn5)
    +1 twitted http://twitter.com/darlyn5/status/25413764744486912

    darlyn225 at gmail dot com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hot, humid and still raining on and off here in QLD, Australia. Luckily we were safe from the flooding though, being too far south and north for the worst of it.

    I'm following via GFC as Jasmine1485

    I'm following you on Twitter (@NTFancy)

    I tweeted about it: http://twitter.com/NTFancy/status/25523888041500672

    Kate1485 at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in Arizona and the weather here has been chilly but it's always sunny ;) We move to TX soon and I'm not looking forward to the humidity. I'd love a chance to win this book...has great authors in it.
    +1 comment
    +1 GFC follower as Tanyaw1224
    +1 follow twitter as @Tanya1224
    +1 twittered at http://twitter.com/#!/Tanya1224/status/25631414238052352
    Tanyaw1224(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, thanks for the giveaway.

    1 for comment. 1 for blog follower (jaz parks) 1 for twitter follower: jazparkscom. and 1 for tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/jazparkscom/status/25824954226319360

    dani dot prmr at hotmail.com

    Jaz Parks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here in Madrid is sunny and about 11ºC.

    +1 Blog follower
    +1 Twitter follower: (@Sparima)

    spav05(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete