Sunday, January 22, 2012

Did You Win a Book This Week?


First, a gratuitous photo from the Royal Street photo album. I haven't tackled a Mardi Gras story for the series yet, but it's coming eventually, I hope. And since it's almost Mardi Gras time, I'll salute one of my favorite krewes, Krewe D'Etat. Their floats are always political and scathingly sarcastic, not to mention very clever. But this is one of my favorite shots of their general standing floats that rides along every year--their symbol, or mascot if you will, is a skeleton. So, viva Le Krewe d'Etat! If you're in NOLA, Krewe d'Etat will parade at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17 on the uptown route, between the krewes of Hermes and Morpheus.

Now...did you win a book this week? If you see your name, please email me HERE with your snail-mail address. I no longer chase down book winners, so any book unclaimed within a month will go into a general grab bag to be given away at a later date!

Congrats to KAREN ATTAWAY for winning the two-book Michael Kinch dystopian YA books.

Congrats to SANDY G for winning John C. Wright's One in a Trillion.

Congrats to JOANNE B for winning the Reader's Choice contest this week--she chose Tempest by Julie Cross.

Coming up tomorrow...another Reader's Choice contest and list of new releases.

3 comments:

  1. Very scary pic, and congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners and love the picture. I'd love to go to a Mardi Gras in New Orleans...I bet that would be a blast.

    ReplyDelete