Monday, October 22, 2012

Mermen and Weregators, Oh My! A Free Read from the Royal Street World


Head over to the Heroes and Heartbreakers website today, where my updated story "Chenoire" is running as part of the 13 Days of Halloween. It's not a scary story, but is one I really love, and it's set in the world of ROYAL STREET and the Sentinels of New Orleans series.

"Chenoire" (pronounced shin-WA) is set primarily in St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana, and features Rene Delachaise, a major character in the upcoming series second book, RIVER ROAD. And there might be weregators.

WEREGATORS!

Head on over, take a look at the story, and please take a minute to leave a comment if you like it.

Hope you enjoy "Chenoire"!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the story. "shin-WA". A re-read for me as I read it once before on your web site. Thanks again for the updated version. Enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miki and Roger! I always loved this story, so I was glad to have the opportunity to give it a wide audience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. I loved this short story you did. I read it a long time back when you first put it up. I really enjoyed Rene and I'm happy to hear he's going to be in your next book. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tanya--glad you enjoyed the "rerun"--Rene and his twin Robert are major players in RIVER ROAD! Love my prickly mermen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Eli--it's an alligator! Similar to crocs, but only a couple of places in the US have crocodiles--gators are much more common. Alligator trivia: they were almost extinct in the 1970s and became a protected species. The population rebounded so vigorously that now, at least in Louisiana, one month per year a controlled amount of alligator-hunting is allowed to thin the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your short stories! Thank you for sharing so many with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne, I loved that story. I definitely want more of Rene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Kayla and JenM! I love Rene--and you'll see a lot of him and his twin brother Robert in River Road!

    ReplyDelete