Thursday, October 11, 2012

Q&A with #UF Author Erica Hayes & W*n REVELATION


Today, I’m pleased to welcome author Erica Hayes to Preternatura to talk about REVELATION, the first book in new new UF series. A native of Australia, Erica writes dark paranormal and urban fantasy romance and currently lives in England. You can learn more about her and her books at her website and blog.

Read on for more info on winning a copy of Revelation—this sounds like an amazing start to a new series!

ABOUT REVELATION:  A fallen angel with a mission and a medical examiner who’s lost her faith are fighting for their souls in a glittering, near-future Manhattan…
 
Blind faith is for fools. That’s what Dr. Morgan Sterling believes. And she’s going to prove it by curing the zombie plague ravaging her city’s slums. She’s certain it’s not a sign of the End of Days, but a nasty disease—until an angel appears in her morgue in a flash of glory.

Luniel is not just a fallen angel. He’s a powerful warrior sworn to fight evil in hopes of a chance at redemption. He’s after the demon princes who are stealing the seven vials of holy wrath which, when perverted, will unleash eternal hell on earth.     To stop the plague, Luniel needs Morgan’s help, and her faith. But Morgan believes science is their salvation. If the zombie plague is a demonic curse—and if Luniel is true—he’ll have to prove it. Even if he loses his heart to true love or his soul to Hell…

Now, let’s hear from Erica—welcome!

Give us the “elevator pitch” for your latest work?
In a dark near-future Manhattan, fallen angel warriors must stop a gang of demons from perverting the seven signs of the Apocalypse and creating hell on earth. With zombies, and hot romance!

What is your favorite scene in the book?
There's a part where the heroine gets attacked by zombies, and the hero has to save her by… well, that'd be spoilers! But it's a desperately romantic sacrifice.

Hardest scene you’ve ever written:
Oh, that'd be whatever scene I'm working on right now. Woe is me, etc. For some reason, we always expect 'it'll be easier this time!' It never is.

What’s on your nightstand or top of your TBR pile?
Well, it's more of a TBR mess. It doesn’t really have a top. But at the moment, I'm reading THE BLADE ITSELF by Joe Abercrombie.

Favorite book when you were a child:
THE STRANGE DISAPPEARANCE OF ARTHUR CLUCK. I still have this book. It's about a little chicken who gets lost. Aww :) When I got older, I loved The Famous Five.

Book you've faked reading:
Oh, I've never done this. I've faked liking a book a few times :) I imagine every author's done that…

Book you most want to read again for the first time:
I'd love to read A Song of Ice and Fire again without knowing. 'That guy did WHAT?!? You killed WHO?!?' It'd be like 'Luke, I am your father!!" all over again :)

Most horrifying moment while reading a book:
The scariest book ever is IT by Stephen King. Clowns in the drain, oyy… but the master of the holy-crap, jump-in-your-seat shock is Richard Laymon.

What’s next?
REDEMPTION (March 2013) follows REVELATION in my Seven Signs series. Also, a sci-fi adventure called DRAGONFLY in December 2012.

Thanks, Erica!

You know the drill to win a copy of Revelation…doesn’t it sound awesome? One entry for comment (have you read A Song of Ice and Fire or are you watching GAME OF THRONES on TV? I haven’t, sadly, and am not. I need to read this series, though). Extra entries for blog follow, Twitter follow or Facebook friend, and Tweet or Retweet.

26 comments:

  1. Yes this book seems interesting... and i agree...It it's most scary book/film i can think of

    I haven't read A Song of Ice and fire but it has been recommended to me, great series etc but at the moment i'm tempted yes but it not a priority

    i haven't watched the show either because it's not available for me yet ( not sure if i would watch if it was it would depend on when it's on tv and if i don't have a show i'm fan of in teh same time^^)

    +1blog follow
    +1comment

    isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her next book is Redemption. Just fun, redemption keeps showing up everywhere! Not a big Zombie fan. Do have Erica's the Shadowfae Chronicles Series. Enjoyed the Q&A. Stephen King again - IT. Holy-crap, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a Song of Ice and Fire even if I have only read A Game of Thrones....I need to continue reading this serie!!!! I Also watch it on t.v. Can't wait for season 3 to begin!!!

    Reveletion look like a fun read!!!

    +1 comment

    Glassheart18ca@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of George RR Martin's books yet. I enjoy reading fantasy, but I just don't have the time during the school year (I'm a teacher) to devote to books as long as his. Maybe this summer!

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follower
    +1 twitter follower: @RebeLovesBooks
    +1 tweeted: https://twitter.com/RebeLovesBooks/status/256415837999742979

    rwschwarz11ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not watching A Game of Thrones.

    1 comment
    1 follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a cool read!

    I haven't read the books (I've seen the size of them and my tbr pile is big enough as it is), but I'm a big fan of the Game of Thrones tv series. It is so awesome.

    +3 comment, follower, twitter follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have read it, many many years ago, did not watch it. What a gorgeous cover on this book, I want to watch it closely, and stroke it ...

    +3 comment, follower, twitter follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not seen the TV show "Game of Thrones" I don't watch a lot of TV, I do love to read. And this sounds like a series I would like to read.
    Comment
    follower blog/ Teresa Lloyd
    follower twitter/ @Steelerlady2379
    follower facebook/ Teresa Morris-lloyd
    Happy reading and writing*
    Teresa
    tess102063@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the books sadly though I would certainly like to! I have watched the Game of Thrones tv series though. ^.^

    +1 Comment
    +1 Blog Follow (Frodosco - GFC)
    +1 Twitter Follow (@1FantasyFanatic)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good book.

    I haven't seen the show or read the book.

    I follow the blog.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Game of thrones series books but I haven't read them yet. Don't watch the TV series as I don't get that channel with my satellite package. My TBR "pile" (all e-books) has 200+ books in it and I add them faster than I can read them - and I read fast! Revelation sounds like a good read although I'm not a huge fan of zombie books. I will be adding it to the pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things about the series, but no, I haven't read or seen Game of Thorns. Maybe someday...

    1 comment
    1 follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not seen or read anything from Game of Thrones. This series sound fantastic and I would love to win a copy of Revelation! Thanks for the awesome giveaway! bpatrick64113@sbcglobal.net +1 Comment, +1 Follower

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read A Song of Ice and Fire or watched Game of Thrones, but I'd like to read Revelation. It sounds like a fantastic story.

    Barbed1951 at aol dot com
    +1 Comment
    +1 GFC: Barbara E.
    +1 Twitter: @BarbaraElness

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had not heard of this story before but it sounds good. Thanks Suzanne for bringing it to my attention!

    pefrw at yahoo dot com
    +1 follower
    +1 comment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heard great things about Games of Thrones but haven't gone round to watching it, maybe next year, lol. Thanks for another great giveaway.

    +1 comment
    +1 follower

    yumihamano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read all the books except for Dancing with Dragons! Since the last book took so long, I have to reread the series first before reading DwD!

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    Leanne

    +1 comment
    +1 GFC: Leanne Goon
    +1 Twitter: @leannessf
    +1 Tweeted: https://twitter.com/leannessf/status/256620685848375296

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds great. I read the first 3 books a long time ago. And am watching the series which is bringing it all back slowly. It is quite an epic storyline.

    comment
    follower
    twitter follower
    tweet https://twitter.com/DonnaS1/status/256620703539937280

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. ZOMBIES!? And ANGELS!? This sounds like an awesome, fun ride.

    I am obsessed with both the books and the show. SO GOOD!

    +1 blog follow
    +1 twitter follow
    +1 RT (lenamoster)

    ReplyDelete
  20. No, i have not read A Song of Ice and Fire or watching Game of Throne :(

    eli_y83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read or watched Game or Song yet.

    Revelation sounds really good too.

    +1 comment, +1 blog follow, +1 twitter follow

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm watching the TV show.

    +1 Comment
    +1 Blog follower
    +1 Twitter follower: Sparima
    +1 Tweet: https://twitter.com/Sparima/status/257209933609697280

    spav05(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE Martin! Started reading it last year and fell in love with him

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follower
    +1 twitter follower

    aliasgirl at libero dot it

    ReplyDelete
  24. No, I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, but as everyone keeps praising it I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the great interview,. enjoyed it a lot :-)

    +1 commented
    +1 blog follower as Stella (Ex Libris)
    +1 twitter follower as @Stella_ExLibris
    +1 tweeted: https://twitter.com/Stella_ExLibris/status/257239579797626881

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm watching Game of Thrones. I tried to read the books, but every other chapter the characters I like die! I'll get through it eventually, but I keep having to take breaks because I'm depressed :)

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follow (Faith)
    + twitter follow (@falcon21893)
    +1 tweet https://twitter.com/Falcon21893/status/257292536765349888

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, but I've heard great things

    +1 comment
    +1 GFC follower
    +1 twitter follower
    +1 tweeted
    https://twitter.com/joleneallcock/status/257308169825579008

    ReplyDelete