Sunday, November 11, 2012

Read Chapter 1 of River Road (& Win a Copy)

Bear with me for some announcements...this week's winners will be announced here.

First, it's release week! On Tuesday, River Road, the second book in my Sentinels of New Orleans series comes out and you can catch up with what DJ and the gang have been up to since Royal Street. If Royal Street wasn't quite your cup of tea, give River Road a try--the hurricane is gone, the characters are back in normal mode, and it's a clearer picture of what the series will look like moving forward.

I've put some buy links on the righthand column--I hope you'll consider preordering if you haven't already, so it can make a big splash on release day! Publishers like that sort of thing :-)

(Note: The UK edition will be released on November 22nd.)

Beginning tomorrow (Monday, November 12), I will be embarking on a massive blog tour. At each stop, you'll be able to enter to win your choice of a NOOK or a KINDLE or $100 gift card to your online bookseller of choice. There will also be five $10 bookseller gift cards given away at the end of the tour. A comment at each tour stop will put you in the running for two $25 gift cards, and I will be giving away a mystery book at each stop. I will publish the day's URLS here at the beginning of each blog post. All contests and prizes are international.

Each tour stop will be different, and you'll get to hear from all the characters as they host their own blogs. (Uh-oh.)

Next, I have put the first chapter of River Road up (click on the tab above) here and on my website...just for a sneak preview. Leave a comment to win a signed copy of River Road in hardcover!

Finally, did you win a book this week? If you see your name, please email me HERE with your info--all the books this week are print so I'll need a snail-mail address. It's a crazy week and my mailings are still way behind, so please be patient.

NEESER58 won Steampunk Poe.

LEANNESF won a mystery book for commenting on Marsha A. Moore's guest blog.

BARB P won a mystery book for commenting on this week's book club.

JOLENE won J. Barton Mitchell's Midnight City.

In the Reader's Choice, CARL SCOTT won Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm, by Philip Pullman.

Congrats to the winners!



33 comments:

  1. Congrts all winners :)

    Can't wait to read River Road, want to know what the next with DJ, Alex, Jake, Jean Lafitte, and the merman Rene Delachaise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eli--they get into some big adventures this time!

      Delete
  2. What a program! i can't wait ^^ thank you a lot for such generosity!! I want River Road ^^
    i was wondering why river road is in hardcover while royal street isn't? ( or i missed it)

    thank you once again^^

    isabelle(dot)frisch(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miki--the publisher decides when a book moves from paper to hardcover, and I'm not sure of the reason. (Actually, I didn't even know it was coming out in HC until I saw it listed for preorder on Amazon!)

      Delete
    2. interesting, i thought the author has a word to say about that ^^. i don't mind at all a HC but in general i like to have all teh serie in the same way or edition ( even if it means several editions^^)

      Delete
    3. Authors have very little say over anything! Covers, format, distribution--sometimes even book titles--are the publisher's decision. They will usually give the author some input (although not final decision)on covers and book titles, but format is entirely their decision. There will be a trade paperback version that comes out next June, and I think the UK version that comes on November 22 is trade paperback.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited to read River Road, I found the magic system and concept of the "undead" to be really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Galena--The undead Mr. Lafitte has a bigger role in the new one!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so much happening. Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'll be sure and let the folks in my kindle freebie group know about the book and contest! They love stuff like that! Thanks Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have the URLS to go to for the Kindle giveaway at this blog every day.

      Delete
  6. First off Suzanne, I loved Royal Street and am really looking forward to reading River Road! Congrats on your new release!! bpatrick64113@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! Royal Street was very special to me on a personal level, but I do think River Road is a better book--hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. looking forward to the fun Suzanne. thx! Waves to MommaBear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, StillyBee...(and thanks to MommaBear!)

      Delete
  8. sounds like a great book. Loved reading the first chapter. congrats on the release.

    Larena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be glad to get this one out!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for the Philip Pullman book, Suzanne. It's much appreciated.
    Congratulations on the release of River Road too. I'd love to win a signed copy.
    Shouldn't I be tweeting or facebooking or jump-down-turn-around-pick-a-bale-o-cottoning?
    No, OK.
    Thanks!
    carlscott(at)prodigy(dot)net(dot)mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--no hoops to jump through this time, Carl!

      Delete
  10. Congrats to the winners! :) I can't wait for River Road, I really enjoyed Royal Street!

    readsalot81(@)hotmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is a fun one--hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on the release. So many readers are raving about Royal Street and I have yet to read that book, shame on me! Would love to win River Road. Thanks for the giveaway.

    yumihamano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Keep an eye on the book tour announcements here--there are a couple of giveaways that include copies of Royal Street :-)

      Delete
  12. Another blog tour already? Are you rested enough from your blogtour as Susannah yet?
    I would love to win a signed copy of River Road, but not in hardcover please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I am pretty blog-toured out. I'll be ready for Christmas! I have copies of River Road (UK version) in paperback, so the winner can have their choice of HC or Paper!

      Delete
  13. woo hoo! another tour!! have fun, and i'll try dropping in everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sienny--hope to see you along the tour route!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the book release. Enjoy your book tour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the release!! I still need to get Royal Street but I am looking forward to both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the release! I can't wait to read River Road.

    ReplyDelete