Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jean Lafitte’s #Zombie Gift Guide (& W*n Zombie Pirate Earrings)


First up, today’s River Road tour stops…I’m at Marsha Moore’s blog today, dissecting the River Road book blurb, which is always interesting. And there’s a promo only at Bending the Spine. Both are official tour stops (so, yes, sorry--it's the same excerpt)—see the column at right for the tour prize list!

Now....
 
It’s that time of year again! Each year, I do a series of Preternatura Gift Guide posts with ten of my favorite ten Etsy.com items in a variety of categories that just scream “holiday.” And does anything say “holiday” like zombies? Click on the link to each item to see how much this priceless gift will set you back, and at the end, I'll be offering up a zombie giveaway!

This year, I’ve asked the undead pirate Jean Lafitte to pick his top ten. He's sort of undead and that's sort of related to zombies, right? So I’ll turn it over to Jean.

Merci, Suzanne. However, I must inform you first that I am no zombie, and am quite offended at the suggestion that I might be confused with such a mindless creature. I shall expect a sincere apology from you before I agree to be a part of your next writing affair, oui?

(Meekly, Oui, Capitain. And ponders the use of the word “affair.” Hm…)

Tres bien. Very well, as long as the people understand that the famous privateer Jean Lafitte is not un zombie, I shall proceed. 

Jean says: I should not enjoy the company of a young woman who would wear such a thing, but this is a zombie bracelet. Surely, a simple gold bangle would be more appropriate? 

Jean says: This is truly disturbing. Would anyone want such a thing to hang upon their walls? Mon Dieu. 

Jean says: This is outrageous. I must depart. No apology can atone for such a thing. (Stomps away.) 

Suzanne here. Jean left in a huff. Who knew the man was so humorless? Perhaps I was a tad insensitive. I’ll have him back for pirate gifts. Meanwhile, I think Zombie Snow White iPhone case is pretty funny. 

You know, for when you want to take the bite out of cold weather. 

Feeling creative? Here’s a pattern to make your own zombie plush pet. Head on out to your fabric store now! 

What better toy for the favorite toddler in your life? 

Now, this is clever. I need a phone-message version of this to stop telemarketers from hounding me. 

Because you need something to do while waiting for the zombie apocalypse, right? 

For that zombie-smooth skin….I guess.

Want to win your own pair of Zombie Pirate Earrings? Up to five entries possible: +1 for comment, +1 for blog follow, +1 for Twitter follow, +1 for a Tweet or RT about the contest, +1 for a Facebook follow. Contests end at midnight CDT U.S. on Saturday. Now…shamble on toward the comment box! Which is your favorite of these zombie gifts? Despite Jean's disapproval, I'm rather fond of the zombie charm bracelet.

18 comments:

  1. What I need is a big round red circle with a diagonal red slash = NO ZOMBIES ALLOWED!!! I think Jean is right. Pirate gifts? Maybe. Or a staff, with runes. YES! Zombie stuff NO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--DJ's with you, Roger. She's terrified of zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the charm bracelet and the earrings. I like the chess set, too.
    +1 blog follower
    +1 comment
    +1 twitter follower
    +1 RT
    +1 facebook friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bracelet, it's a lot of fun. :D I'd get one of those stuffed animals and try to see if my cats were interested in it :D

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follow
    +1 twitter follower
    +1 tweet (https://twitter.com/Readsalot81/status/276729631766368256)

    ReplyDelete
  5. same as jean and dj and of course roger: no zombie stuffs for me but pirate one perhaps^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol I really have to agree with Jean Lafitte, those zombie things are awfull, I do loathe zombies. So, this time, please don't enter me. I do hope next time you pick beautiful wizard stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me zombies! LOL I love the solicitors sign!!!
    +1 comment
    +1 blog follow
    +1 twitter follower
    +1 FB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the earrings.
    +1 comment
    + 10follower
    + 1 twitter follower
    +1 Facebook Friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fun zombie gifts...Especially the earrings, the bracelet, and the solicitors sign. Too funny!

    +1 GFC
    +1 Twitter
    +1 Comment

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want the calender, it's wicked!

    +1 comment
    +1 follower
    +1 FB fan

    yumihamano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the sock monkey, and the bracelet.. thats COOL...
    +1 gfc folower
    +1 comment
    +1 FB follower (lanii e)
    +1 twitter follower ( wind 83)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I alwayys love Bracelet so I will pick - The Zombie Plan Charm Bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need that solicitors sign in my life!

    +1 blog follow
    +1 twitter follow
    +1 RT (lenamoster)
    +1 facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. the chess set

    I follow the blog.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Zombie Plan Charm Bracelet, it's so fun, I really want the same now!!!

    +1 blog follower melliane
    +1 comment
    +1 twitter follower @betweendandr
    +1 tweeted: https://twitter.com/betweendandr/status/277178153544323072
    +1 facebook friend Delhia A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun stuff! I love the Zombie Dog! Thanks for the awesome giveaway. bpatrick64113@sbcglobal.net +1 Comment, +1 Follower

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the charm bracelet! it's wonderful

    +1 comment
    +1 blog follower
    +1 twitter follower
    +1 fb lucia pannacci

    aliasgirl at libero dot it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like the bracelet.

    +1 Comment
    +1 Blog follower
    +1 Twitter follower: Sparima
    +1 FB: Arantza C
    +1 Tweet: https://twitter.com/Sparima/status/277474166645600256

    ReplyDelete